Alex The Entreprenerd - Badger DAO - Mentoring Applications

About Me and why am I mentoring

Hey there! I’m Alex.
Over the past 2 years I’ve taught over 500 students: Alex V - TypeScript Mentor - Codementor
I’ve helped them learn new skills, land a job and to some I even taught how to be come a mentor and make a living while helping others.

I’m looking for 2 trainees that will go through multiple real world projects

This will mirror my learning curve of how I got into Solidity development

The goal of the program is to give you:

• Rock solid Solidity skills
  • A portfolio of Projects
  • An understanding of how to figure things out by yourself in the dark forest
  • A bunch of prizes via Hackathons and Sponsored Training by Badger

Training Will be for a protocol

My goal is to ease you into the facets of Solidity Development with the purpose of hiring you as a Full Time Core Member of Badger DAO

As such you’ll start by building basic projects from start to finish and you’ll end with building paid projects with Badger

Number of trainees: (max 2 advised)

Training Will target a job position

Strategist at Badger DAO

Target position will be remote

Minimum requirements for trainee candidates

1 or 2 years of Work experience in Coding (building websites is fine)

Has used React for building a pet project
(Or go do this tutorial I made to get you started : Build a FullStack Ecommerce with Nextjs, Strapi, Magic and Stripe - YouTube)

Has used Uniswap
Has farmed some yield manually

Python / Typescript experience preferred but not necessary

Mentoring hours per week

2 Calls per week:
Call 1: Intro to the Project, list of resources, info dump
Call 2: Code review and feedback
Additionally you’ll have direct access to me via Discord for quick feedback during the week

Calls can be 30 mins, but most likely will be an hour +

Work hours per week expected

I believe this can be done with 20 hours a week if you already have extensive Ethereum use (etherscan, read contracts, use Remix perhaps)

Most likely this will require 40 hours a week for a month though (or very intense weekends)

Month 1: Projects (unpaid)
The goal of Month 1 is to get you started as a Solidity Developer
You’ll go over what I believe is the “smoothest” learning curve, every project will be done from start to finish and it will be fairly intense

Project 1: Decentralized Blog
Project 2: NFT Drop
Project 3: Make a Stablecoin via CDP
Project 4: Make a Yield Farming Strategy

Month 2: Hackathons (you win what you earn)

In a month of so, some of the biggest hackathons in the space will take place
This will be your chance to take on an unexpected challenge, and potentially earn very competitive (5 to 10k) prizes

From my point of view, the motivation of competing and winning prizes will help you keep your focus and learn faster

Month 3: Dao Projects (sponsored / Options)

If you end up submitting a bounty for Badger Dao, and your submission is world class, we’ll give you a project offer. These are paid projects that typically take a month.

Our latest hire built a Flashbots integration
I built the V1 mix you’ll use to build yield farming

These are projects that are used by tons of people and the pay is great.

If you end up

Duration of the program

2 months + potentially 1 month at Badger

Trainee contribution expected during the training program

4 projects
All code open source

Salary Range

120k+

Protocol equity position

Not sure, but it should be more than the salary after vesting

To apply, please reply in the comments with a description about yourself

To apply:
Github or Degen Score
Portfolio of projects (can be a notion page with links)
Tell me about your availability and goals

Hi Alex,

My Name is Godwin.
Over the past 2 years I have been working as a software engineer, I focus on the backend but I have little experience with frontend with html, css and little javascript. I mainly write code with python, bash, golang and have experiences with setting up infrastructures on the cloud and on premises and deploying applications (kubernetes, docker, terraform etc.)

Unfortunately, i can’t showcase projects because DNA, and I don’t have any public project on github.
If chosen, i will make sure to be available for 30hrs a week and also extra hours during the weekends. I am eager to learn and get started building projects with solidity.

1 Like

Hey Godwin, your experience in python + usage of CI / CD means we can skip the basic steps and jump right into using Brownie for your Solidity Coding.

Let’s schedule an initial call here:

1 Like

Just scheduled a call.

Hi @AlexTheEntreprenerd :wave:
I am Tabish, a software engineer at Internet Archive working as a full stack developer. I have experience in React and Django and have set up projects from scratch with testing and CI/CD tools … . In past I was a maintainer of OpenLibrary Commits · internetarchive/openlibrary · GitHub where also I did Google Summer of Code in 2020, also was a contributor to Mozilla and Wikipedia. I love working on Open Source software and Recently I discovered the world of Crypto and thought I would make a bigger impact here. I have started learning solidity(finished crypto zombies) and was working through building an ERC-20 token https://github.com/tabshaikh/Degen-Token . Would be available for ~25hrs and would love to have a mentor give me a boost :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome!

I think your background is great, not sure if 25 hr / week will be enough but we can adapt as we go

Feel free to schedule an initial call with me here:

1 Like

Hello Christian,

I have a PhD in computer science - computer vision and 20 years of work experience in different fields of software engineering. Roles spread from software development to project management and consulting, 10+ years in senior roles (tech. lead and/or proj. mgmt.).

For the last 10 years I work as a consultant mostly in the fields of computer vision and machine learning. I am an expert in computer vision, machine learning, c++, python, linux, java, javascript, php, OpenCV, matlab, deep learning, tensorflow, keras.

I’ve been superficially following crypto since 2013, starting with bitcoin trading, then writing trading bots. Latelly - since 2019, I am more closely following and learning ethereum and defi ecosystem, I consider myself an advanced defi user and I develop and run market making bots on ethereum, polygon, loopring and optimism.

I don’t have much experience with solidity, therefore I think this mentoring program with learning through practice is a perfect starting point and would love to participate.

Regards!

Hello Alex,

Thanks for providing this opportunity, I really appreciate it.

I started studying web development about 2 years ago when I found out it could help me unleash my creativity using code. I’m comfortable with JavaScript, Node JS, React.

I learnt about blockchain technology a few months ago and dived right into it as I am positive about it’s potential and have been studying aggressively to know more about it. I have a few solidity projects I built following tutorials and a simple dex I built entirely on my own to check how much I have learnt (www.github.com/icepaigez)

I am hoping to learn enough to build mission critical apps as part of a team, as well as launch a start-up in the near future and was excited when I saw your call for mentoring: I am aggressive about learning (I spend about 10 hours daily after my day job studying to get better at my craft) and building stuff(currently working through a hackathon) and would consider it a privilege to learn from you.

Thank you for taking the time to consider me for this mentoring.

Warm regards.

Hi Alex.
I’m Stergios and I would be really interested to become your trainee. I’m afraid that other candidates have more developing experience than I do as I don’t work somewhere as a developer and i don’t have any public or private repos I’m proud of to show you.
On the other hand I I know ES6 fairly well and have worked a bit with node and react. Also I have much experience with manual farming, NFTs and the ethereum ecosystem in general. I’ve studied solidity a bit thus far but I’m still a newbie working hard to become a smart conract developer for an established protocol.
I don’t have a tight schedule so I can dedicate 40 hours/week maybe even more. My degen score is 430 and I also have voted a few BIPs and of course have used the badger protocol. The reason I got the courage to apply as a trainee is because I’d love to work for a well established DeFi protocol that is building the future despite my lack of working experience.

1 Like

Hey Stergios, really interesting background + the fact that you are a degen will help you map out the learning with the tech.

As a challenge for you, I invite you to check out this doc that comes from my call with Godwin:

I believe you’ll be familiar with the History of DeFi

So I challenge you to try these first two “initial challenges” of building an ERC20 and ERC721 using Brownie, videos from Patrick Collins (Chainlink) and resources linked.

Hope you take the challenge, once you do, feel free to schedule a call with me via the calendly link

1 Like

Hello @AlexTheEntreprenerd,

Thanks for providing this opportunity, I really appreciate it.

I started studying web development about 2 years ago when I found out it could help me unleash my creativity using code. I’m comfortable with JavaScript, Node JS, React.

I learnt about blockchain technology a few months ago and dived right into it as I am positive about it’s potential and have been studying aggressively to know more about it. I have a few solidity projects I built following tutorials and a simple dex I built entirely on my own to check how much I have learnt (www.github.com/icepaigez)

I am hoping to learn enough to build mission critical apps as part of a team, as well as launch a start-up in the near future and was excited when I saw your call for mentoring: I am aggressive about learning (I spend about 10 hours daily after my day job studying to get better at my craft) and building stuff(currently working through a hackathon) and would consider it a privilege to learn from you.

Thank you for taking the time to consider me for this mentoring.

Warm regards.

1 Like

Hi @AlexTheEntreprenerd ,

My name is Carlos Sandi, I’m a Full Stack Developer from Costa Rica.

Senior Software Engineer with more than 10 years of experience in the IT Industry. Passionate about learning new technologies, best practice and teamwork.

Experience working in the full cycle of software development, from requirements gathering to design and programming, as well as Software verification and validation.

I have been learning about Blockchain development using solidity for developing smart contracts and dapps since 2020, and early this year I completed succesfully my certification as “Certified Blockchain Developer” provided by Consensys. (ConsenSys Academy)

I would love to have the opportunity to learn from you and finally be able to switch to a career in crypto development.

Here you can check a couple of projects I have done:

or same url with: ETHGIFTCARDS

Best Regards.

1 Like

Hey Alex,

Really happy to see you here. Just saw your Youtube channel and wow, your latest blockchain videos are just gems !
I’m Tal, working as a Software Engineer, mostly using Java and JavaScript.
I jumped into the crypto space last September while doing a 3 months solidity bootcamp.
Since February I’ve been working part time as a Blockchain Engineer where I build a dApp using Solidity, ReactJS, and Etherjs.
In October I’ll follow the Secureum Bootcamp to learn about Smart Contract security/audit as it has always been a very important issue and hope to contribute as a white hat hacker.

We all start somewhere and my objective is to contribute to DeFi protocols and it would awesome to have you as a mentor to help me break into this space to become a professional smart contract developer!
I’ll be available 20-25hrs/week.

Hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,
Tal

1 Like

Hello Alex!

I am Thanos, passionate about open source and giving back to the community. I’ve been authoring open source libraries for over a decade and contributed to many small and major open source packages on the node.js ecosystem (socket.io, mongoose, sequelize).

Since 2014 I’ve been working with early to mid stage startups, building their product, teams and operations. Training engineers to go to the next level, from Junior to Intermediate, Intermediate to Senior and Senior to the next level. Before that, I was working as an engineer, hustler and studied business as a side-gig. In 2019 I decided to get out of my successful web-dev career after multiple burn-outs, working with first-time founders and discovered DeFi.

It’s been a few months that I made the decision to jump full on onto DeFi and have started ramping up my skills. Created a Liquidity discovering bot, watchit , that’s also available on SNX Discord; to learn working with the blockchain. Created a Uni V3 price calculating library during my study on how to work with Uni V3 (also created a tiny crypto-utils lib).

I finished the cryptozombies tutorial and doing the Ethernaut now. I also managed to port AAVE Flash Loan example to hardhat and make it build successfully.

More information about me:

I find your mentorship and schedule very interesting and would love to have the opportunity to learn along-side you.

2 Likes

Hey Thanos! It seems like you’re going to have a great time learning Solidity and building projects!

Let’s chat, schedule an introductory call here: Calendly - Alex The Entreprenerd

@calusaca @Tal and @icepaigez I appreciate your application and am happy to invite to do a week of trial.

Please check this notion link:

Go over the content, study the history of DeFi.

Then download and install Brownie

Then build an ERC20 and ERC721 by following the tutorials in the notion.

If you’re done with the challenge by next Friday, please do schedule a call via the Calendly where I’ll do a code review and we can talk next steps

1 Like

Thanks for this @AlexTheEntreprenerd, right on it.

thank you, starting right away.

Hello Alex!

My name is Bin Cai. I’m a Full Stack Developer with 8 years of web development experience (Frontend, Python, Golang, Ruby on Rails and some DevOps skills).

I have been trading crypto since 2017 and get interested with DeFi from last year (I am a user of BadgerDAO as well). The first project I was farming is YFI, then YAM, Sushi…etc. I really like the idea of Uniswap(AMM).

I love to learn new things and attracted by blockchain technologies, especially smart contracts and Ethereum. I started to learn Solidity/Web3 basics from last month. My first crypto-related project is a bot which can detect liquidity on AMM and swap tokens automatically. You can find it via this link https://github.com/Next-DAO/bot (BTW, I’m using the ENS name shep.eth as my github username. While it’s not my primary account)

I believe in web3 and a decentralized world in the future. I’d like to dive into this exciting evolution as a developer and find an awesome job in web3. I will be much appreciated if you accepted my application.

I can spend 30 hours per week to be part of your training. Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile:

You can find my primary Github account and Linkedin page via following links:

https://linkedin.com/in/verycb

Thanks,
Bin

Hi Alex,

I am a Software developer with 5 years of experience. I have experience in Python, Solidity. My goal is to become a long-term contributor to a defi protocol.

I started my journey with blockchain tech 6 months ago, and went through some popular beginner resources (including https://ethernaut.openzeppelin.com/ :slight_smile: ). I understood the fundamentals through the ethereum book, and MIT’s course Blockchain and Money. I spend time learning about Solidity, defi, and more concepts like MEV, and different stablecoin protocols. I have also used a few defi dapps.

I participated as a solo hacker in HackMoney, where my project won prizes from Compound and Consensys. The project involved developing on react-js, and solidity, meta-transactions, and Compound Protocol. Here is the link to the hack.

During hackfs, I built meme-verse storing using IPFS. Here’s the code: GitHub - blockdeveth/nft-school-examples

I can give ~25 hrs per week and it would be great to become a contributor for Badger.