Daniel Gretzke - I want YOU to get better at Solidity

About Me and why am I mentoring

Hi my name is Daniel and I currently work for Polygon as their Tech Lead on the smart contracts team. I started developing Solidity 6 years ago and in the beginning a lot of people from the community helped me out getting started because the nature of Solidity can be overwhelming at first. I really enjoy helping others with their Solidity questions and sharing my knowledge, so I want to give back and help people that are either starting out, or want to get better at Solidity.

Training Will/Won’t be for a protocol

I will offer general Solidity advice which applies to pretty much any protocol.

Number of trainees: (max 2 advised)

1 (for now)

Training Will/Won’t target a job position

The goal of this mentorship is for you to become a better solidity dev quickly by being able to solve problems quicker with my help and receiving targeted advice from me regarding your smart contracts.

Target position will/won’t be remote

Remote only

Minimum requirements for trainee candidates

I am looking for candidates that are dedicated to get a job in crypto and want to develop their Solidity skills. I don’t have any challenges or anything of that sort (yet) so the ideal candidate has been working on Solidity projects on their own. It’s my strong belief that to get good at programming in general you need to always try and learn new things, picking up new project ideas and just building stuff. So ideally have been doing exactly that and I can help you accelerate your learning process. I expect a candidate to be able to work on their own and have a lot of motivation to learn Solidity.

Mentoring hours per week

I’ll be available on Discord so you can text me anytime you hit a wall and can’t progress or solve a problem. We can also schedule periodic calls to go over a smart contract you have written and I’ll give you advice on best practices, security and gas efficiency.

Work hours per week expected

Work at your own pace. I expect a candidate will need more attention in the beginning and the more they progress and develop, the less they will need my help allowing me to perhaps onboard new candidates.

Duration of the program

Open end

Trainee contribution expected during the training program

Do whatever projects you feel like doing

Salary Range

n/a, I am doing this in my free time, not attached to any protocol or job. When I feel like you have made decent progress I can help you find a job in crypto as a Solidity dev.

Protocol equity position

n/a

To apply, please reply in the comments with a description about yourself

Please share your name, time zone and Github. Share what you’ve been doing with Solidity so far and share your favourite project you’ve built or worked on so far.

EDIT: I will review all applications over the coming weekend and pick a candidate on Sunday

12 Likes