Vee is looking for first cohort of students for Solidity Blockchain Bootcamp

About Me and why am I mentoring

Hello! My name is Veronica, I am a senior Solidity dev that has been coding Solidity full-time since 2017. This last year I have been freelancing as a Solidity developer, architect and as an auditor for Solidified. I have run multiple workshops (both technical and non) and have finally build up enough content to make a comprehensive free Bootcamp.

This Bootcamp is designed to take you from 1 to 2. The assumption is that you have tried to learn Soldiity on your own, and you are now ready to understand the context that the free courses often miss. We will be covering things like the immutable context, how this affects system design, and security. Additionally, there is a freelance track designed to get you started as a Solidity freelancer. The freelance track covers the basics you need to get started, like scoping, time estimates, finding and talking to clients etc.

Training Will/Won’t be for a protocol

Won’t be for a specific protocol.

Number of trainees: (max 2 advised)

There are 5 actively mentored slots, but if you do not get one of these you can still follow along with the posted content.

Training Will/Won’t target a job position

Won’t be targeting a specific job position. However, after the course, there may be opportunities for students to take mentored (and paid) freelance projects.

Target position will/won’t be remote

:100: remote

Minimum requirements for trainee candidates

• A basic to proficient understanding of JavaScript
  • Have done some basic solidity courses (i.e cryptozombies)
  • Have a passion to learn Solidity
  • (Ideally) Want to professionally break into the space

Mentoring hours per week

Around 4

Work hours per week expected

The course starts with blockchain context understanding and builds up into coding and designing smart contract ecosystems. Towards the end, the requirement will probably be around 15 hrs a week.

Duration of the program

Between 7 and 9 weeks. The planned start date is mid-October.

Trainee contribution expected during the training program

Trainees are expected to be motivated and stay up to date with coursework. Falling behind without excuse may result in the loss of your actively mentored slot. Build projects will be for training purposes only.

Salary Range

It’s a free Bootcamp. There is no compensation.

Protocol equity position

No equity.

To apply, please fill out this form and say hi in the comments!

2 Likes

Hello Veronica!

My name is Bin Cai. I’m a Full Stack Developer with 8 years of web development experience (Frontend, Python, Golang, Ruby on Rails and some DevOps skills).

I have been trading crypto since 2017 and get interested with DeFi from last year. The first project I was farming is YFI, then YAM, Sushi…etc. I really like the idea of Uniswap(AMM).

I love to learn new things and attracted by blockchain technologies, especially smart contracts and Ethereum. I started to learn Solidity/Web3 basics from last month. My first crypto-related project is a bot which can detect liquidity on AMM and swap tokens automatically. You can find it via this link GitHub - Next-DAO/bot (BTW, I’m using the ENS name shep.eth as my github username. While it’s not my primary account)

I believe in web3 and a decentralized world in the future. I’d like to dive into this exciting evolution as a developer and find an awesome job in web3. I will be much appreciated if you accepted my application.

You can find my primary Github account and Linkedin page via following links:

https://linkedin.com/in/verycb

Looking forward to your reply :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Bin

1 Like

Hi Bin Cai,

Please fill out this form to be considered for an actively mentored slot. Looking forward to seeing your answer!

Thanks for reminding me about the form. Just submitted :slight_smile:

Hello @vonnie610,

Thanks for providing this opportunity, I really appreciate it.

I started studying web development about 2 years ago when I found out it could help me unleash my creativity using code. I’m comfortable with JavaScript, Node JS, React.

I learnt about blockchain technology a few months ago and dived right into it as I am positive about it’s potential and have been studying aggressively to know more about it. I have a few solidity projects I built following tutorials and a simple dex I built entirely on my own to check how much I have learnt [www.github.com/icepaigez]

I am hoping to learn enough to build mission critical apps as part of a team, as well as launch a start-up in the near future and was excited when I saw your call for mentoring: I am aggressive about learning (I spend about 10 hours daily after my day job studying to get better at my craft) and building stuff(currently working through a hackathon) and would consider it a privilege to learn from you.

Thank you for taking the time to consider me for this mentoring

PS: I have also filled the interest form as required.

Warm regards.

Hello veronica!
My name is hansoolaii but you can call me hans. I’m a bachelor business administration, but I’m so interest to blockchain space especially NFT space. I think this will the next huge industry beside robotics and IoT.

I start learning solidity and javascript from youtube tutorials. I have finished cryptozombie also. I follow dapp university, patrick collins, moralis web3, and austin griffith. For now, reading solidity code script isn’t hard for me, but I still confuse when I want to design and write my own dapps. I hope after finish the course, I will be able to develop many dapp for freelance project and contribute to teach others as a mentor

Hi Vee,

Form didnt have an option to select “Technical , but not a programmer”

Appreciate if this option can be added

Below is my brief profile

Senior Technical Project Engineer with 7 years of experience with various IT solutions

Dev experience is quite low, but I am a fast learner

• Crypto Zombie Advanced Completed
  • Chainlink Bootcamp Completed
  • Working on a personal project to build a buy sell products dapp
  • Simultaneously working to solve Ethernaut challenges

Hope you consider, look forward to an opportunity

Tc

Hello @vonnie610 ,

My name is Charles, I have over 5 years experience in software engineering and worked majorly with Typescript, React and Node.

I started diving into the blockchain space late last year and currently working for a blockchain company as a frontend engineer.

Due to my interest in solidity and blockchain development in general I have taken some cousera courses to get up to speed.
Blockchain Baisic: https://coursera.org/share/ecd9c43efa449a5301bf3e9b9c862b74
Smart Contracts: https://coursera.org/share/08d5cc6b14bb4ecdc61959699a33ee31
Right now I can say I am pretty decent with solidity but need a little more push as my goal is to become a smart contract auditor.

I will love to learn more about the EVM, Security and System design.

I will be glad if you accept my request to be a mentee.

Thanks,
Charles

Hey from sunny Buenos Aires! Looking forward to be part of your mentorship.

Horacio.

Hi Veronica, that sounds awesome. Thank you! Also, it fits my current knowledge level perfectly. While I probably won’t have that much time to commit, I’d be very thankful if you could give me access to the posted content of the bootcamp to follow along as my time allows. Best, JD

Hello Veronica:

My name is Jose. I studied Electronics Engineering, so I’m glad to see assembly language is still useful :slight_smile:
I’m not interested in your mentored course, since I think my level is not high enough. But I filled out the form, because I will definitely be following your posted content. You have quite a few experience teaching Solidity and developing, that’s extremely appealing to me.

About my background I’ve been programming for a number of years. I was a C programmer and Linux admin until 2017, when I decided to switch to web programming. Java and Angular programmer since 2018, I left my work few months ago to focus on blockchain development. I took a Udemy course that includes a cryptozombies-like project. Now running a blockchain node, I will take an intermediate Solidity course, focused on auditing smart contracts, during October and November.

Thank you for this initiative.

Hi Veronica,

My name is Eloi, I’ve been working as a developer for about 6y, mainly doing back-end with some front-end here and there.

I’ve been toying with solidity development for quite some time (Cryptozombies, Ethernaut, few tuts, etc) but I would definitely benefit from some next level mentoring.

Thank you again for providing this opportunity and help this community grow.

Hi Veronica,

This is Ken Bi, a software engineer with 9+ years’ experience ranging from embedded software to modern web development. (Frontend focused lately)

I have been following up on the development in the crypto world for a while. Finished a 20 hours course on theories of blockchain technology from Peking University. Finished several tutorials and challenges around solidity programming from scaffold-eth (Even contributed a PR). Turns out I’m quite fascinated by blockchain technologies. I’d like to seize this opportunity to dive more into this field and make my own contribution to the web3 world.

Much appreciated it if you could consider my application. Looking forward to the training and building.

Thanks
Ken Bi

Hey Veronica,

I’m going to give it a shot.

Description About Myself

I am Sritanu Chakraborty. I’ve been primarily working as a remote Deep learning engineer/consultant/freelancer for the past few years.

My daily work consists of using deep learning and machine learning models to solve NLP and vision tasks. My interests are Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Graph Theory, Algorithms and Data Structures, Machine Learning.

Recently, I worked on distributed deep learning tools using Horovod, building Mixture Density Networks, implementing various probability distributions in PyTorch, and working with heavy zero, right-skewed data.

I have been at the University of Bergen and Alfred Renyi Institute of Mathematics previously. I did my master’s in applied math and informatics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.

Apart from consulting, I also work as a freelancer on Upwork. You can take a look at the kind of projects I’ve worked on and my client reviews. Probably, you need an Upwork profile to take a look at all the projects and reviews.

You can find my freelancer profile here : Upwork.

I have been at the University of Bergen and Alfred Renyi Institute of Mathematics previously. I did my master’s in applied math and informatics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.

Prior to this, I was a backend engineer (primarily Python but also some vanilla JS) and even before that, I was a QA Engineer.

Here’s my LinkedIn.

Exposure to Solidity

I’m pretty new to this space. Just 2 months old. Completed the cryptozombies tutorial, chainshot tutorial, and Stephen Grider’s Udemy course.

I’ve built some very basic dapps. Nothing majorly complex.

Conclusion

I’m confident I can pick up things pretty fast and under your guidance, I’m sure I’ll have a great time building some decent complex dapps.

Also, my best wishes to the other participants. Some great replies in the thread. :slight_smile:

And I have filled out the form.

Regards,
Sritanu

Hi Veronica,

I’m Santiago. I’m a senior full-stack dev & data science engineer. I’ve already been contributing to a few projects in the space in the last couple of years. You can check some of the communities I’ve been actively contributing to here. I’m very interested in taking a deep dive into Solidity and expand my skills in writing smart contracts. so I believe this opportunity would fit my objectives.

Cheers

Hi Vee,

My name is Chris and I’m currently a Frontend engineer working for a DeFi startup. I actually switched career paths into software engineering because I knew I wanted to be in the crypto (ethereum specifically) space and figured it would be the best way to break in.

I focused on Frontend first as I thought that’d be the easiest transition, while I studied solidity on the side. I have completed the crypto zombies course and a paid Udemy course on solidity programming but still feel like I have a lot of gaps. I would love to transition to being a full stack web3 Dev and I believe this bootcamp opportunity would be the best way.

I submitted the form and look forward to potentially being a part of the first cohort!

Best,
Chris

Hi my name is Sebastian,

Thank you for sharing this post and opportunity!

I am currently an Android Developer with an additional background in Python and Data Science. I have built and released various apps and love building products that democratise access to the digital economy - this being of particular interest coming from a developing region in LATAM. I recently gained a lot of interest in blockchain technology and have been studying up on the theory behind it as well as going through solidity courses on Udemy and Cryptozombies. I am extremely curious about the topic and definitely invested into making a shift towards blockchain professionally. I am excited to learn more about the field and gain insights into existing projects to hopefully contribute to some soon. Being part of this bootcamp would be a great privilege and stepping stone for me and my professional ambition.

Thanks!

Hello!

My name is Gabriel and I’ve recently finished my degree in game design and programming. I’m very cruoius and interested in blockchain as a I believe this tech will revolutionize the future, similarly to how the internet did back when it was released to the public.

I am mostly a self-taught programmer, willing to put however many hours are necessary into learning and understanding new concepts. I learn quickly and I’m very passionate once an idea pops into my head. I understand a game design degree might not be the best background to join, but I’m extremely interested and I would like to break into this field and improve my programming skills along with it.

Be it that I am deemed worthy for entering the bootcamp or not (I have already filled in the form), I congratulate you and everyone involved for the effort. I hope it prospers :smiley: .

Thank you for reading!

Hi @vonnie610 !

My name is Lanford, and I’ve been working for a crypto-assets exchange as a Wallet Engineer for three years.

I have already in crypto-space, but writing blockchain adapters is no longer satisfies me – writing dApps is much more exciting! I have made some efforts to learn Solidity:

• Read the Solidity docs;
  • Completed all challenges in https://capturetheether.com, LANFORD33 in the leaderboard is me.
  • Completed all levels in https://ethernaut.openzeppelin.com/
  • Wrote some tiny contracts(used to send ERC1155 to multiple addresses, arbitrage on some Defi projects, etc.)(used remix/hardhat/truffle)
  • Learned Web3.js and Ethers.js and wrote some scripts to help me interact with contracts.

Also, I have some ideas to be implemented.

However, I still don’t know what a Solidity project should be like and the best practice. I think a mentor will help me a lot, and I’m very excited to see this post!

I am looking forward to being a part of this Bootcamp!

Regards,

Lanford

Hi Vee,

My name is Raffiq. I have started my professional job as a blockchain consultant in a software house dev in Malaysia.

I took the Udacity blockchain developer course, read the solidity docs, deployed a few DApps from the scaffold-eth repo. you can see some of my work in my Github MuhdRaffiq (Muhammad Raffiq Mohd Khalil) · GitHub

My current project is building a curated Defi wallet for locals in Malaysia. I would like to learn more solidity development and create Defi protocols and I believe this would help me tremendously

Looking forward to being in the Bootcamp!

Regards
Raffiq Khalil