Hi my name is Manuel Araoz. I’m the cofounder of OpenZeppelin, where I was formerly CTO. As part of that role, I mentored many devs (and other roles) as they were joining the crypto space, so I have a pretty good (and opinionated) idea on how one should learn Ethereum development: building a full dapp from scratch.
My mentorship program will consist of you building a dapp from scratch (including project setup, open-source contribution workflow, smart contracts, front-end, and test suite) and me giving weekly advise and review to help you ship it and learn in the process.
I’m mentoring because I’d love to help younger folks find the thrill of building something that runs in a global decentralized computer. To me, deploying a smart contract still feels like launching a satellite to space.
for now. Might expand to more according to how it goes.
- self motivated, curious, and confident
- has previous development experience of some kind
Up to trainee, but must be self-motivated to push forward on their own. I expect weekly reviews of an educational dapp we’ll be building.
Weekly progress on simple dapp to review together and evaluate next steps.
- Training won’t be for a protocol (unless you want to)
- Training won’t target a job position (however, I may hire you as a freelance dev myself or give you a recommendation at some crypto company)
- a description about yourself,
- something you’ve already built (non-crypto ok of course), and
- some ideas of simple dapps you’d want to build with me while learning (only if you have them, don’t force it. we can always brainstorm together).
Selected candidates will be messaged privately for 1-on-1 informal chat before finalizing the pairing.