Jeremy from Kwenta is looking for a Full Stack Engineer trainee (smart contracts focused)

About Me and why am I mentoring

Hi I’m Jeremy, a full stack engineer with ~5 years of engineering experience. Previously, I was a core contributor at Synthetix. Currently, I’m helping out with everything from the frontend to our smart contracts at Kwenta. We definitely need some help around here and wouldn’t mind bringing another talented mind into the space.

Training Will/Won’t be for a protocol

This will be for Kwenta. Kwenta is looking to bring on another full time engineer to work across the board on web 3.0 challenges. This training will be geared towards giving you a full stack mentality, but you will be more focused on smart contracts and testing. You will be helping out with our upcoming features including synthswap, limit orders, & the KWENTA token.

Number of trainees: (max 2 advised)

One (two if interest is high, but no guarantees of a full time offer at the end of the program)

Training Will/Won’t target a job position

The ideal outcome of the mentoring program will be to make you a core contributor of the Kwenta protocol.

Target position will/won’t be remote

110% remote, but for full time roles, candidates in the US, western EU timezone preferred (or else you will be very lonely when everyone is offline). Please reply with your timezone below if you want to be considered for a full time position at the end of the program.

Minimum requirements for trainee candidates

Foundational software engineering experience from the web 2.0 sphere. This includes:

• Ability to write good code. What is good code? Code that gets the job done, not fancy, not super optimized. Code that understands that it will be read by others in the future. You strive to deliver a functional product and won’t sleep until every edge case is unturned. Obviously this gets better with experience, but those with that drive from the get go will excel here.

• Ability to problem solve. As borrowed from Ale, this is a person:

that is a master at divide and conquer problem solving. I can throw you any problem, and you can systematically split it into a set of smaller problems, of which at least one you CAN solve. Then repeat the process on all the sub-problems that you can’t solve. If this is a natural thing for you in software development, then you are a compatible candidate.

• Good git hygiene. Can use branches effectively. You’ve opened issues/PRs before and have merged code into other collaborative projects (private or public).
  • Experience with Javascript/Typescript
  • Familiarity with Web3. ethers.js, subgraphs, ERC20s, openzeppelin, etc…
  • Understanding of Synthetix and Kwenta

Mentoring hours per week

This will be more of a free form work-study program where tasks will be assigned for you to work on and I will be a hotline resource to help you through issues and debugging. I personally believe this is the best way for you to learn. This may include a couple a calls each week, but will depend on person being mentored. This also includes a daily report (short discord DMs are fine) on problems solved, blockers, etc…

Work hours per week expected

Around 10-20 hours a week. These hours will be compensated. If you’d like to contribute for more than 20 hours a week please let me know.

Duration of the program

Two to three months.

Trainee contribution expected during the training program

You will be expected to help me personally (almost like a secretary, but for programming, if you will) with tasks ranging from pure solidity to testing to deployment. This will also include a bit of R&D to learn best practices and tooling.

Salary Range

100k+ depending on experience and performance during the program.

Protocol equity position

Yes, TBD by the Kwenta CCC DAO if a full time position is offered at the end of the program.

To apply, please reply in the comments with a description about yourself

6 Likes

Hello Jeremy,

My name is Dimitar and I am a Web Developer with 4+ years expirience. Most of the time I have been working on the front-end side of the applications, but I can manage to get things done on the back-end as well. I am familiar with javascript & typescript, Vue, React and some Node.js. I have just finished the Blockchain Developer Bootcamp from ConsenSys, but I am not graded yet (hope I’ll be by the end of this month). If I am guided by a mentor I am sure I can get the job done. Below is a link from my Github portfolio, there you can find the assignment I did for the bootcamp. Hope to hear from you. I can be available for 20+ hours.

Timezone GMT+1

Best Regards,
Dimitar

Hello!

I am a full-stack engineer with experience developing Web3 applications and smart contracts written in Solidity. I am very familiar with React and Node.js and I have experience designing REST and GraphQL API’s. Additionally, I follow best practices concerning version control and have worked extensively with Github and Gitlab. For formal education, I have a Bachelor’s degree in both Computer Science and Biomedical Sciences from Auburn University.

Timezone CST

Kind regards,
Jared

Hi!

I’m a full stack engineer with 3 years of experience. I’ve been working at Amazon the past 2 years and am very familiar with Javascript/Typescript, React and Node.

Been diving deep into crypto and web3 this past year and am really excited to start contributing and developing things. I’ve started picking up Solidity and familiarizing myself with the web3 stack/tooling. Very interested in this opportunity, and willing to ramp up quickly!

My timezone is PST

Best,
Hriday

https://github.com/HridayK97

Hi Jeremy,

This post is music to my ears! This is just the opportunity I’m looking for.
I am a web2 developer and have 10+ years of experience in software engineering.
My main area of expertise lies with the Microsoft stack, but I have recently broken into the web3 world and I’m loving it!

At the moment, I am attending a course on developing dapps on Ethereum and Avalanche writing solidity smart contracts.
It’s safe to say that I have the web3 bug!

I agree that the best way to learn is by doing and to be guided by a mentor would be the best way to pave my way into the next stage for me in this exciting space!

All the best with the Kwenta project and I hope I can get the chance to contribute too.

Thanks
David

Hello, I’m Marcos from Argentina.

I’m currently working at an adtech conpany and have 4-5 years of experience, I’m supporting myself but would love to switch to crypto.

I have been coding in solidity for 2 years, I’m not an expert but have learned a lot during this time, even produced some useful production code for myself (some niche arbitrages)

Im very passionate about everything I do, I like to get inmersed in new grounds of knowledge. Thanks for reading.

Hey Jeremy,

I’m going to give it a shot.

Description About Myself

I am Sritanu Chakraborty. I’ve been primarily working as a remote Deep learning engineer/consultant/freelancer for the past few years.

My daily work consists of using deep learning and machine learning models to solve NLP and vision tasks. My interests are Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Graph Theory, Algorithms and Data Structures, Machine Learning.

Recently, I worked on distributed deep learning tools using Horovod, building Mixture Density Networks, implementing various probability distributions in PyTorch, and working with heavy zero, right-skewed data.

I have been at the University of Bergen and Alfred Renyi Institute of Mathematics previously. I did my master’s in applied math and informatics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.

Apart from consulting, I also work as a freelancer on Upwork. You can take a look at the kind of projects I’ve worked on and my client reviews. Probably, you need an Upwork profile to take a look at all the projects and reviews.

You can find my freelancer profile here : Upwork .

I have been at the University of Bergen and Alfred Renyi Institute of Mathematics previously. I did my master’s in applied math and informatics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.

Prior to this, I was a backend engineer (primarily Python but also some vanilla JS) and even before that, I was a QA Engineer. In total, I’ve been a backend engineer for ~3 years and working in the Deep Learning space for ~5 years.

Here’s my LinkedIn . And my resume .

Exposure to Solidity and EVMs

I’m pretty new to this space. Just 5 months old. Completed the cryptozombies tutorial, chainshot tutorial, and Stephen Grider’s Udemy course. Also, I’m dabbling in the basics of smart contract auditing in the Secureum workshop.

I’ve built some very basic dapps. Nothing majorly complex.

I do have a very basic idea about EVMs.

Conclusion

I’d love to be a part of the program and can devote close to 32 hours per week. I usually work in the western EU timezone. But I can adjust my schedule in order to work with the team.

Also, my best wishes to the other participants.

Regards,
Sritanu

Hi Jeremy,

I’m Kenny and I am a full stack engineer with 1+ years experience. I have experience with React, Node.js, JavaScript (web3.js and ethers.js), and Solidity. I’m currently working on an NFT project where I have been the sole developer on it, my work on the project has included writing a Mint contract in Solidity, creating an entire front-end from scratch, and soon connecting it to the Smart Contract. I would love the opportunity to be considered for the trainee role as I would love to work more with Smart Contracts. I am a quick learner, and eager to dive more into web3 as a whole. I believe I am a natural problem solver, whom does their best to find an optimal solution and execute on it as fast as possible.

I am available to work the 20 hours or more with this position.
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time, GMT-5

Thanks,

Kenny

Hey Jeremy.

My name is Diogo and I’m a full-stack developer with ~3 years of experience.
Regarding your requirements:

• I have worked extensively with Javascript;
  • Always used git as version control;
  • I’m constantly learning and experimenting with web3 on my own, following tutorials, etc;
  • I can work 10-20 hours a week and my timezone is GMT;

Looking forward to be your mentee.
Thanks.

Hi Jeremy,

I would be interested in this opportunity!

Background:

• Undergrad in Economics (behavioural economics and econometrics)
  • 2.5 years of experience in Android Development
  • My experience with Javascript consists of backend development for my android apps and BuildSpace blockchain projects I have worked on
  • Finance internship experiences in emerging markets
  • My timezone - CST/GMT-6
  • Currently available to work 20+ hours per week
  • Working through a Udemy Solidity course as well as Crypto Zombies
  • Read the Synthetix Litepaper and going through other systems documentation

Tech Stack:

• Kotlin & Java (android development), Python (data science and ML), Javascript (mobile app backend with node.js), Solidity (BuildSpace projects)

Coding Experience:

• Currently developing a stats tracker and rewards app for gamers - first implementation of the app will let users track their Apex Legends stats
  • Developed a B2B marketplace platform for corner shops in Guatemala to stock their businesses
  • Various data science projects including a Medical Chatbot using ML
  • Freelance webscraping work for an advertising agency
  • Message board DApp published on the Rinkeby Test Network

I bring a multidisciplinary background that has helped me develop my abilities as a learner and problem solver. I can pick up new skills quickly and would love the opportunity to learn about and contribute to the Kwenta protocol.

Thanks for offering the opportunity!

All the best,
Sebastian

GitHub: jsebastiane (Sebastian Estrada) · GitHub

I am Okeke Uzochukwu Michael from Nigeria, Africa. I’ve been a Python programmer for 1 year now, I got into studying Blockchain development last month (but, with 4 years experience in cryptocurrencies). I currently left Python to Port to Solidity language where I have so much drive and zeal to understand smart contracts, Blockchain and build something worthy with a team. I’ll love to work as intern with Kwenta, I believe in the project and has before now (weeks ago), been an early user of Kwenta.io. No better way to start than to work with a project I’m already attached to. I’m a graduate of Geoinformatics and Surveying, University of Nigeria, Nsukka (top 5%) and a fast learner. My time zone is GMT +1

I also don’t mind working more than 20 hours a week, as it’s already part of me to work way longer than that and achieve results. I’ll prefer to stay on with Kwenta if I perform well during internship and don’t mind working remotely

Hello Mark,

My name is Jin and I am a software engineer with ~5 years of experience at AWS, where I worked on backend engineering using Java. I have gone through basic solidity training and had brief interactions with ethes.js, ERC20s and openzeppelin and have read and used Synthetix and Kwenta. I have been interested in the crypto space for ~2 years and I am looking to switch full time to Web3, crypto.

Please let me know if you think I’ll be a good fit.

Email: jinhoonbang@gmail.com

Thanks,
Jin

Hey Sir,
I’m a 3rd year commerce student based in India. From the past 4 months I am all into crypto learning stuff like solidity, NFt , defi etc. I have done some scaffold eth challenges and projects, cryptoZombies, and some other youtube tutorials.
Recently I have started working on my own project for taxation management in crypto. As you are looking for a trainee especially for smart contract, I would recommend myself for this job.
I have only some basic experience of other languages like python and little JS.
I will give my 100% dedication to be able to work for you .
Thanks and regards
Harshit singhal

Hello Jeremy,

My name is Sebastian and I am a Web Developer with 14+ years expirience. Most of the time I have been working on the back-end side of the applications, but I can manage to get things done on the front-end as well. I have just finished the Blockchain Developer Bootcamp from Chainlink. If I am more than ready to start working on this arena and get the job done. Hope to hear from you. I am available full time for this position.

Timezone GMT-3

Best Regards,
Sebastian

Hi Jeremy,
my name is Adam Schinzel and I’m a passionate software engineer with 5 years of experience in software development from websites to web apps to mobile applications, the last 3 years in a corporate environment. From the age of 16, I’m working as a freelance software developer for various companies around the world. I was the youngest intern at IBM Czech Republic. I was also selected for a program from Microsoft, where over 600 high school students apply each year and enroll in 30 of them.

I mostly work on web and mobile development, but I’m currently exploring web3 and learning blockchain development that I would combine with my full-stack development to create dApps from scratch and I feel that this is a perfect chance to move forward this goal.

I believe in the power of blockchain to transform and improve the lives of people around the world.

Thank you for your consideration. My timezone: GMT+1.

Best Regards,
Adam Schinzel

Hello Jeremy,

My name is Andy and I was directed to this position by Ser Link of Riche (we are friends IRL). I am a new web3 software developer with a solid engineering background. This background enables me to be a great problem solver. Last year I began my deep dive into the world of soft ware development and have not looked back. I have completed two bootcamps and many many hours of self-teaching.

I currently use git on a daily basis, while collaborating with others at my current contract. I have been using Javascript to test my smart contracts, as well as React for the front end. I also have experience using openzeppelin and Chainlink. While I have been through a bootcamp, I believe that this mentorship would be the opportunity to take my skills to the next level. You can check out my portfolio here.

Ideally I would work 20 hours per week.