Ethernaut is looking for a CTO for a new Ethereum protocol

About Me and why am I mentoring

Hi I’m Alejandro Santander a.k.a. the Ethernaut :point_right: https://twitter.com/the_ethernaut

I’ve trained 3 Ethernauts so far. Two are working with me @ Synthetix and one is working @ Aelin. Yey!

Training Will/Won’t be for a protocol

Training will be to fill a very particular role for a new protocol I will be advising: Grateful. A protocol that streams profit from yields to people you want to be grateful to.

Number of trainees: (max 2 advised)

Uno.

Training Will/Won’t target a job position

Yep, CTO of the new protocol.

Target position will/won’t be remote

Yep, fully remote, but preferably UTC -3 timezone friendly.

Minimum requirements for trainee candidates

You need to be CTO level, that is not only be full stack, but also be able to manage a team and ship a full product from end to end. Strong hard and soft skills.

Mentoring hours per week

1-2hs of calls per week.

Work hours per week expected

Starts ~8hs a week, ends ~20hs a week.

Duration of the program

2 months.

Trainee contribution expected during the training program

Experiments, and finally a proof of concept of the core tech of the new protocol.

Salary Range

Standard Ethereum industry salary ~100k.

Protocol equity position

To be determined, but also Ethereum industry standard.

To apply, please reply in the comments with a description about yourself

1 Like

Hey Alejandro,

I’m going to give it a shot.

Description About Myself

I am Sritanu Chakraborty. I’ve been primarily working as a remote Deep learning engineer/consultant/freelancer for the past few years.

My daily work consists of using deep learning and machine learning models to solve NLP and vision tasks.

Recently, I worked on distributed deep learning tools using Horovod, building Mixture Density Networks, implementing various probability distributions in PyTorch, and working with heavy zero, right-skewed data.

I have been at the University of Bergen and Alfred Renyi Institute of Mathematics previously. I did my master’s in applied math and informatics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.

Apart from consulting, I also work as a freelancer on Upwork. You can take a look at the kind of projects I’ve worked on and my client reviews. Probably, you need an Upwork profile to take a look at all the projects and reviews.

You can find my freelancer profile here : Upwork .

I have been at the University of Bergen and Alfred Renyi Institute of Mathematics previously. I did my master’s in applied math and informatics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.

Prior to this, I was a backend engineer (primarily Python but also some vanilla JS) and even before that, I was a QA Engineer. In total, I’ve been a backend engineer for ~3 years and working in the Deep Learning space for ~5 years.

Here’s my resume.

Exposure to Solidity and EVMs

I’m pretty new to this space. Just ~7 months old. Completed the cryptozombies tutorial, chainshot tutorial, and Stephen Grider’s Udemy course. Also, I’m dabbling in the basics of smart contract auditing in the Secureum workshop.

I’ve built some very basic dapps. Nothing majorly complex.

I do have a very basic idea about EVMs.

Conclusion

I’d love to be a part of the program and can devote close to 32 hours per week. I usually work in the western EU timezone. But I can adjust my schedule in order to work with the team.

Also, my best wishes to the other participants.

Regards,
Sritanu

1 Like

Hi Sritanu! What’s your handle on the discord server so I can reach out to you?

Thanks for your reply @ethernaut. You can ping me on discord at elite9095#6309

Hello Alejandro,

My name is Dimitar, and I am a web dev with 4+ year experience.

Started tinkering around with Solidity half a year ago and in the meantime, attended and managed to complete the bootcamp from ConsenSys, and also the Secureum bootcamp but didn’t have time to keep up with it in parallel with the aforementioned.

I consider myself as a junior smart contract developer.

My time zone is GMT+1, but I have no issue to adjust to whichever zone is needed, and I can be available for 30+ hours a week.

Here is a link of my github:

Best Regards,
Dimitar

Hi Ale,

My name is Agustin, I am a full stack software developer from Argentina. At the moment, I am working with React + React Native + Elixir (6 years).

I have been studying Solidity for a year, doing CTFs like ethernaut and damn vulnerable defi, and also doing some security bootcamps. I recently finished Secureum bootcamp epoch 0 and did a CARE review of Sherlock protocol. I have been participating in some CodeArena’s contests. Also participating in the new Secureum epoch where there is a CTF contest with Sherlock.

I have been using mainly Hardhat for testing and scripting, but also been trying other tools like dapptools. In the security part, I used slither and echidna.

I want to explode more my developer capacities adding all the security learnings, and I think it could be an excellent opportunity to be your mentee.

1 Like

I can’t find you. Please PM me in discord :pray:t2:

Hey! Pm me in discord :pray:t2:

That’s strange. What’s your handle? Is it this one?

It seems DMs are blocked…

It is. Dms unblocked now.

Hi, This is Ankit Parashar, I have extensive experience with solidity and developing smart contracts. Have developed liquidations bots for myself liquidating on arcx and yield. Participated and won gitcoin bounties by Reflexer and Lido. Worked as consultant with Lemma finance till their launch on Arbitrum. I am attaching by github here https://github.com/ankitiitb1069