Blockdev - smart contract security mentorship

About Me and why am I mentoring

Hi, I’m a web3 auditor and previously was a software engineer. Find me at Twitter @blockdeveth. Inspired by @m4rio’s security mentorship post, I’ve decided to start mentoring through EthernautDAO.

I’ve still to decide the finer details but we’ll speed run through different topics (common attacks, CTF, EVM basics…). Think of this mentorship as me nudging you in the right(?) direction while you self-study according to the topics we decide.

We’ll end the program by reviewing smart contracts on Optimism.

Training Will/Won’t be for a protocol

Won’t

Number of trainees: (max 2 advised)

Training Will/Won’t target a job position

No

Minimum requirements for trainee candidates

This mentorship is for beginners in smart contract security.

• You should already be a web2/web3 programmer or have a technical background, and can write basic smart contracts without guidance. For example, memory, calldata etc. should be familiar terms. Should be familiar with writing unit tests (web2 or web3).
  • Knows how to set up local environment for Solidity development and testing. Familiarity with a development framework like Foundry or Hardhat, or willing to learn.
  • Knowledge of Solidity or Vyper is a plus. We’ll focus on Solidity as the smart contract language.
  • Be comfortable with reading a lot of code; struggling and spending time with unknowns and unfamiliar concepts.

Mentoring hours per week

2 to 3 hours per week

Work hours per week expected

This is totally up to you. I estimate about 10 to 20 hours depending on your expertise today and time available.

Duration of the program

1 month

To apply, please reply in the comments with a description about yourself

Please mention timezone and how you fit the Minimum requirement criteria. I’ll have this open for a few days and then select 2 people (hopefully someone applies lol).

3 Likes

Can’t edit the original post now so commenting.

It helps if you can add links to github repos or any open source work.

thank you all for applying. Please consider this post closed. I’ll be selecting 2 people of those who have applied so far in the next few days.