Hi, I am a smart contract engineer with a background in hardware engineering/embedded systems. I started exploring the crypto space in 2017 and began learning Solidity in early 2021. Due to my background in embedded systems, where writing efficient code is important, I was naturally interested in learning how to write efficient solidity code as well.
Given the recent increase in gas fees, writing efficient code is more important than ever and I am happy to share my knowledge.
- Review smart contract optimization techniques
- Analyze how specific coding patterns can be more gas-efficient by inspecting the Yul/bytecode generated by the compiler
- Practice gas optimizing existing code
By the end of the mentorship, you will not only know how to write efficient code but also why exactly it is more efficient.
- Experience writing Solidity
- Familiarity with Foundry (or willing to learn)
- Basic knowledge about the EVM (storage, memory, calldata)
- Basic knowledge about opcodes (check out evm.codes)
Flexible, around 2 to 4 hours. You can contact me on Discord whenever you have questions, we will also have periodic calls where I am going to explain gas optimization concepts in detail.
This is also flexible and depends on you, i.e. how fast you can learn.
1 to 2 months
Please share your timezone and your Github. It would be great if you could give me a short description of what you’ve done so far as well