Austin Griffith - General Solidity and Ethereum training available!

Hi Austin,
Thanks so much for putting together the scaffold-eth guides!
I’m a longtime developer and journalist who has enjoyed hearing about/learning about crypto from various friends in the space.
My boyfriend and I did your first scaffold-eth guide the other day as a date night activity and we really enjoyed it and learned a lot. We’re planning on doing a few more of your tutorials and then working on a couple web3 application ideas, including one involving compensating the authors of academic papers for their work, retrospectively.
Would love your guidance as we go forwards. We’re both engineers but new to solidity, and I’m sure it would go a lot faster being able to ask you questions.
Best,
Ren

1 Like

Hi Austin,

I am a Computer Engineering student from Brazil. I’m in my last year in college, and I already know git, JavaScript, Flutter (with web3), infura, truffle, ganache and the basics of solidity. I’ve been using these skills to build a small portfolio of personal projects that you can see on my gitlab and linkedin:

https:// gitlab .com/lucasyokoy
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucas-yokoy-82a5508a/

In my github, you can see me tackling on challenge1 (along with other personal projects unrelated to blockchain):

I would like to get my first job in DeFi as a Solidity dev now. This job is a requirement for me to get my bachelors degree, so I’m willing to work full time (keep in mind, I’m also quite self reliant).

Kind regards,
Lucas

1 Like

My name is Judah Smith and I am currently a college student. I want to do Smart Contract and Ethereum security. I am currently doing Cryptozombies and learning solidity. At first I was intimidated because I barely saw anyone that looked like me in the crypto space, but with some reassurance I decided that I wanted to be the difference and take that step. I only started coding last December, but I’ve learned Python,Golang, and Flutter and I am now learning Solidity. My drive, work ethic, problem solving skills will make the most out of this mentorship, Thanks you and have a nice day.

1 Like

Hi!

I am a senior studying computer science at Stanford. I have been interested in the DApps and NFT space for a while now. I have experience in full-stack development, primarily with tools like React, TypeScript, Express, etc. I am currently interning at an NFT startup and working on its backend & solidity team. I would like much more breadth and depth in my solidity knowledge, so I think this mentorship opportunity would be fantastic.

You can check out my personal site at winnay.com. Thanks for your time! :slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like

Hey Austin!

My name is Will and I’m a computer science student. I got started in software two years ago by building software products for early-stage startups. Some of the problems I’ve worked on are in enterprise coaching, real-estate, open-source software, and food tech. I’m primarily full-stack focusing on Javascript (MERN), Python, C, and Java.

I got started in crypto after trading equities and moving to spot crypto, and doing yield farming on the BSC network and doing leveraged trading on Kucoin. My favorite ones were algostable projects that led me to read more whitepapers about the DAI and other stablecoin projects. I’m looking to make the transition into crypto as a potential career, and I think the project based structure you’ve put in place will be super helpful!

-Will

1 Like

Hi Austin!

I got down the crypto rabbit hole fairly recently. It was one talk from Andreas on YouTube and I couldn’t and didn’t want to stop myself.

I graduated a month ago from a law school but the promise that lays ahead with crypto and Web 3.0 is too compelling to not be a direct part of. I started learning programming with Javascript and understanding the computer science fundamentals with CS50.

I intend to dive full-time and work in the Web 3/crypto/open blockchain space long term. There are amazing projects and great communities being built around it which can get overwhelming but is exciting beyond anything else I want to invest my 20s in.

Looking forward to be contributing asap. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Austin,

I’m a software engineer from Argentina. I got my degree in 2005. I have been coding web applications for like 20 years ago.

I started working on web development with some companies here in Argentina and then I worked with clients from countries like the USA, Canada, Spain, Germany, Japan and others.

I have experience coding in a lot of different languages, like C/C++, Java , PHP , Python , JavaScript, TypeScript and Ruby.

I’m a university teacher in a data science subject. We teach data science, machine learning, information retrieval, and some big data tools like Apache Spark.

I started to learn coding in solidity and web3 applications in 2020. I started reading Mastering Ethereum, then I made a course on Coursera and the Cryptozombies tutorials. I read a lot of smart contracts, like the uniswap version 2 and 3, erc20 tokens with some features like tax fees, burn fee, liquidity fees, to understand how they work, and some non fungible tokens like the CriptoKiddies. I made a cryptokiddies fight project to practice solidity and web3 coding. And now I’m playing with scaffold-eth!

Thanks for your time mentoring new Ethereum developers.

1 Like

Almost didn’t post since I see everyone here is already an experienced developer. My name is Luke, and very keen to learn smart contract development. I am just at the beginning of my journey though (done 1 month of JS, the chainlink bootcamp, and the consensys intro course).

I’ll be doing the consensys bootcamp next, hoping to find my way into a career in blockchain.

If there is any sense in your mentoring such a beginner, I’m keen!

1 Like

This is a great idea!

1 Like

Aloha Austin,
I have been in a successful profession for the last 15 years but started getting infatuated with blockchain technology about 9 mo’s ago. It consumed my thoughts from the time i woke up till i laid my head down at night. I am a creator at heart and i decided at the age of 41 i want to follow my passion. I quit my job last Tuesday and am going full time blockchain tech. currently crushing the nft arbitrage market but i have a curriculum for growth that i am personally setting to adhere to. The top of the list is truly understanding the engineering aspect of this industry. I really appreciate your vibe and passion for teaching. I have no previous coding experience aside from my fumbling through my first 3 hours of a Udemy course for solidity. Would love to have a mentor or some guidance to make sure i am on the right path. Cheers from Maui :slight_smile:

1 Like

You responded on Twitter fairly quickly, i am going to start on the below as recommended, cheers brah

Learn how to build a simple bubble sort in javascript.
Learn how to build a simple todo list in react.

Then start in on scaffold-eth!

1 Like

Hello Austin,

My name is Marwan. I have a Computer Engineering degree and I have been developing software since 1994. By the year 2000 I was the CTO of a dot com that was acquired by a VC firm. But I could not shake the development bug and realized that “management” is not for me so I went back into development.

Since 2003 I have been a self-employed developer working with different companies and teams of all sizes. The majority of my work has been in the financial services and insurance industries. I have worked on projects for online banking, fixed income, property and casualty insurance, commercial insurance, etc. I have worked at major Canadian banks and insurance companies. I also worked in small companies and teams.

As far as technology goes, my work has been in Java (core Java, Spring, Hibernate, etc.) I also do integration work (REST/SOAP, web service, etc.). Since 2012 I have also been doing Salesforce implementations for a variety of clients. 99% of my work is back-end work. I have done much in the way of front-end development.

I am always looking for new challenges and things to learn. This is why I decided to learn about blockchain technology and smart contracts development. I already completed the first project of the DApp University boot camp. I am also doing the Ethereum Blockchain Developer Bootcamp With Solidity course on udemy. I also installed scaffold-eth and going through the documentation.

I bring a lot of development experience and big desire to learn and contribute. I would be thrilled to be mentored by you on this journey. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

https://www.linkedin.com/in/judah-smith-704202202/

Check me out on LinkedIn!! Let’s connect!!

1 Like

Hey Austin,

I have tried to learn a bit of solidity but haven’t quite been able to keep up with things, hopefully doing this will help me springboard into a career as eth dev.

I have programmed before and can understand basics of solidity.

How do we get started? Looking forward to this!

1 Like

Hey Austin, my name is obok Casimir, I’m a web developer. Lately, I got interested in blockchain and cryptos, I had started learning sodility and dapp. I will like you to mentor me. Thanks.

1 Like

Hey Austin!
I am a software engineer at one of the larger crypto CEX’s primarily working on React Native and secondarily React. I have a lot of experience with native android and iOS as well.
I recently got the web3 dev bug and have been diving down the rabbit hole. My current goal is to gain a level of expertise around web3 so that I can leverage my mobile expertise to improve the current mobile web3 tech stack (as I feel it is pretty far behind the web tooling).

Would love to chat more! If you’d like to learn more about my experience please dm me and I’ll be happy to share!

1 Like

Hi Austin,

I am Godwin and I have been working as a software engineer for the past 2+ years, I code in python, golang. I am focused more on backend, infrastructure and cloud engineering and I am currently looking into getting into an Ethereum dev I just recently started learning solidity too.

PS: I have successfully installed scaffold-eth.

Hoping to connect with you.
Thank you

1 Like

Hey @AustinGriffith , I’m a CS undergrad and full stack blockchain dev looking forward to learning scaffold eth and explore the possibilities by building on it. I am a cs undergrad from India, and I have been building on solidity for 7 months now, and exploring the Ethereum and Celo ecosystems. I have been learning about various protocols in DeFi and built on Chainlink, Filecoin, Superfluid, polygon, The Graph and a lot more.
I am really excited and looking forward XD

Best regards
Elio

1 Like

Hi Austin,

Im so happy to find out that you are doing a mentorship program. I have seen your youtube videos and thought you were absolutely a riot during Chainlink’s Smartcon event. Your scaffold-eth project was so cool and it was by far my favorite seminar. Well, I take that back. I think it might be a (bow)tie between that event and watching you do a live coding speed run of smart contracts. Both events were really cool and inspiring.

A Little bit about me. My name is Tyler and my friends call me TeeWhy. I am a Senior Computer Science Major at CU Boulder. I have been following the crypto space for 5 years and recently joined the DeFi space during summer 2021. My best languages are python, c++ and JS. Since May, I have been learning Solidity and Hardhat. Ive completed a few online trainings like crypto zombies and a block chain developer bootcamp on Udemy. I am am apart of the Index Coop dev community, doing some smart contract development and backend operational software for the DAO. I am all in on becoming a block chain developer and finding some sort of mentor is a big priority for me. Working with a DAO is a lot of fun but most people are spread very thin with their duties and having true mentorship has been hard to come by. What I am looking for in a mentor is someone to geek out over smart contract development with and have real conversations about best dev practices. Being a newish dev, i’m excited to have the opportunity to work cool projects.

Checkout my github for some of the projects i’ve worked on tyler-cranmer (Tyler Cranmer) · GitHub.

Your decision to mentor devs was a fantastic choice, as your energy is contagious and brings a lot of excitement to the ecosystem. Im hoping to hear from you soon, but if not, I noticed that we will both be attending MCON 2021 next month in Denver. I look forward to meeting you at that event.

Cheers,

Tyler

1 Like

Hey Austin,

What a nice gesture and initiative for the new talent on cryptoverse! My name is Azad, I am a fullstack developer for 5 years, working on Laravel and Vue.js. My first programming language is Python, did some web scraping with it as part of my hobby, also some experience with NLP processing. I started investing in crypto last year, initially for investment purposes and later, fall in love with the technology itself. I am also heavily involve with few crypto projects as part of the community manager.

Recently started learning Solidity by myself, did few smart contracts with my own implementations and understanding of the mechanism such as Token Vesting, IDO Contract, NFT Marketplace just to name a few.

Although I am mostly self-learning my whole career, would really love to get mentorship from you. I have forked your scaffold-eth, and still exploring more. Looking forward to this.

Warmest Regards,
Azad

1 Like