Alejandro from Synthetix is looking for a smart contract engineer trainee

Hi Ale,

I’m a software developer based in Argentina who works mainly with Javascript, building web and desktop applications. Over the years, I have always tried to keep learning cutting-edge technologies and that is why I would like to be a part of this program.

I have a solid background in Javascript, Typescript, React, GraphQL, Electron, Node, and relational and non-relational databases. I also made some small projects with Go, Rust, and Swift.

During the last three months, the Ethereum development caught my attention, and I invested my spare time to learn about it and to become part of this amazing community. I’m so excited reading things that I will be able to learn fast and contribute to Synthetix, and more with you as a mentor, that would be awesome.

Just in case you want to take a look deeply at my profile, my developer networks are:

If you find me a good fit, let us connect to discuss further.
Thanks for your time,
Sebastian.

Hi Ale,

I’m a software developer in the Philippines with 8 years of experience building software using various programming languages. I am a Generalist Software Engineer that has developed applications in many different languages, most notably in Python/Django and React Native. I have 8 years of experience in Software Development, 1 year in Swift Development for a banking application 2 years in React Native Development, 3 years in Python/Django Development, and 2 years in C++.

In the last 2 years I have been the Tech Lead of a software development team of 10+ developers. I am excited about developing Decentralized apps and the future of the web. I am actively learning Solidity at the moment.

Hi Alejandro, I’m from Argentina, I’ve been working in software development for 18 years now. I studied “Information Systems Engineering” and then started working as a Java backend developer, over the years I became a Lead Developer in charge of researching/selecting new frameworks/technologies for my projects, designing architecture or reviewing other people designs. Since 2010 I started leading and coordinating the efforts of development teams in varied and challenging projects.

I the last 7 years I have focused in event-driven, microservices oriented systems mostly oriented to IoT. I have a few years of experience in AWS tools and I’m always learning new techs/languages for my day job, as an example in my last 3 projects I had to quickly pick-up AWS serverless tools, IoT Core and get familiar with new languages like Swift/Swift UI, Python and also Node Js.

I got involved with Ethereum and Solidity by the end of 2020 . I took training and courses where I started learning Solidity, Truffle, Web3.js and built some simple smart contracts and Dapps. I want to speed up my learning process and start working full time as a smart contract engineer and can’t think of a better way to do it than this trainee opportunity.

I really believe in the disruptive power of blockchain and smart contracts and for that reason I want to participate in building web 3.0. I want to deep dive into DEFI but I’m also interested in other aspects like DAO’s and Supply Chain for example.

This is my linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/baltasarromero/

Thanks for this offering!
Baltasar

Hi Alejandro,
Thank you for doing this.

Now about me. I have a Masters in computer science and have 10 years of work experience. I have been coding extensively on C#, python & most recently Javascript & typescript. I have built multiple products as an IC which are being used by a large number of users. For the past 5 years, I have been in a role where I had to tackle problems regularly, which were difficult to solve due to technological & monetary constraints. I like to program because of the variety of problems you get to solve.

For the past 6 months, I have been building projects on solidity and participating in hackathons. I even won a sponsor prize in hackmoney 2021. You can find my repositories here . They would give you a glimpse into my experience. I would recommend checking out GitHub - iamsahu/erc777distributor It would give you a glimpse into both my solidity writing skills & front-end development. I have been also contributing to Superfluid finance.

I am looking for a mentor as I think I have a lot of room to grow and having a guide is I believe a great way to learn & grow. I am looking forward to transitioning into a full-time role as a solidity engineer and I think this opportunity would help me do so.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Prafful

Hi Ale,

Im a Senior Backend Engineer with 10 years of experience in C, Java, Javascript and Scala.
Im from Argentina and I studied systems engineering in UTN.
At the moment im living in Swizterland working in TradFi (one of the reasons I want to do the jump to DeFi :slight_smile: )
I already started learning some Solidity by myself with Crypto Zombies and Ethernaut and I already understand the fundamentals but I will like to master it and eventually work in this new industry.
I would love to have this opportunity!

Thank you for your consideration

Matias

1 Like

Hello Ale,

My name is Marwan. I have a Computer Engineering degree and I have beed developing software since 1994. By the year 2000 I was the CTO of a dot com that was acquired by a VC firm. But I could not shake the development bug and realized that “management” is not for me so I went back into development.

Since 2003 I have been a self-employed developer working with different companies and teams of all sizes. The majority of my work has been in the financial services and insurance industries. I have worked on projects for online banking, fixed income, property and casualty insurance, commercial insurance, etc. I have worked at major Canadian banks and insurance companies. I also worked in small companies and teams.

As far as technology goes, my work has been in Java (core Java, Spring, Hibernate, etc.) I also do integration work (REST/SOAP, web service, etc.). Since 2012 I have also been doing Salesforce implementations for a variety of clients. 99% of my work is back-end work. I have done much in the way of front-end development.

I am always looking for new challenges and things to learn. This is why I decided to learn about blockchain technology and smart contracts development. I already completed the first project of the DApp University bootcamp. I am also doing the Ethereum Blockchain Developer Bootcamp With Solidity course on udemy.

I bring a lot of development experience and big desire to learn and contribute. I would be thrilled to be selected for this trainee spot. Thanks for your time.

1 Like