Aelin Protocol - full stack dapp development

About Me and why am I mentoring

Hi my name is Alex and I am working on Aelin protocol. Here are a couple of resources to learn more about Aelin: SIP-180: Aelin Protocol and https://twitter.com/AlexTheBoredApe/status/1455275795946033159?s=20

Training Will/Won’t be for a protocol

Training will be related to work needed for Aelin. The idea is to train someone and then convert them into a role if everything goes well

Number of trainees: (max 2 advised)

Likely 1 but I will possibly consider 2 if we get really good applicants.

Training Will/Won’t target a job position

Yes, all accepted applicants will be targeted for a position

Target position will/won’t be remote

(EthernautDAO strongly recommends a YES here) Yes, everything at Aelin is remote. I am working 17:30 - 01:30 UTC hours so whoever joins has to have a decent amount of overlap with this time period.

Minimum requirements for trainee candidates

I.e. Javascript experience, familiarity with open source software developement, etc
Must be a senior javascript developer familiar with react and willing to learn about solidity, subgraphs, ethers-js, web 3 protocols, scaling solutions, etc

Mentoring hours per week

(advised: 2 to 4 hours per week)
This is essentially an add for a full time job opening, so I am happy to put more than 4 hours into it. I would like a candidate who can spend a decent amount of time helping me with the upcoming launch of Aelin and staying on full time after we finish a trial period

Work hours per week expected

EthernautDAO recommends that this is flexible; starts low, and gradually increases during the training, achieving full or part time near the end of the program.
This sounds good to me

Duration of the program

Advised2 months at most, before considering a hire for the trainee
One month should be sufficient but if the trainee spends less time on Aelin a decision can be made at 2 months or less

Trainee contribution expected during the training program

I.e. PRs to the Javascript layer of a protocol, front end support, etc.
Front end support, subgraph support, understand how the protocol works and what the contracts are doing

Salary Range

Keep in mind that EthernautDAO’s minimum wage standard is 100k / year
If you do a good job you will be rewarded. The Aelin DAO which has not been elected (very very soon) will be the ones we negotiate our packages with. I suspect anyone who joins will be happy with the outcome.

Protocol equity position

Again, this is a TBD at the discretion of the candidate and the Aelin DAO that will be elected soon but I am confident it will be a good outcome.

To apply, please reply in the comments with a description about yourself

1 Like

Hey there.

I’m a software engineer from Portugal and my current priority is leaving web2 and joining web3. Below, you can see how I stand regarding the requirements you mentioned in a reader-friendly way.

• I get home from work at around 19:30/20:00 UTC, so some overlap is definitely possible;
  • I am not a senior javascript developer, however, I have some experience with javascript from previous projects, and I am currently using it on my web2 job. I can work my way around javascript, but in all honesty I am not a javascript ninja;
  • I have used react and reactjs. I’m more comfortable with the latter;
  • I am learning solidity in my free time and reading everything I can about the Ethereum ecosystem. I am not only willing but also eager to learn;

Thank you for the opportunity.

I want to use this opportunity to describe fun projects I worked on that helped grow the startups I was working with at the time.

Matic -

Worked on Connext <> Matic (Integrated State channels for faster deposit and exit on matic)

Implemented Subgraphs for pos and plasma (For tracking events for deposit and withdrawal in plasma and pos chains)

Daohaus <> Matic (Implemented a one-click solution for user to deploy MolochDAO on matic)

MolochDAO on Matic (DAOs <> Matic)(A DAO which allows investors to fund decentralized projects)

Biconomy<> Matic(Network Agnostic tools using meta transaction)

Cartesi <> Matic(Built a poker game that using Cartesi virtual machine for computation and deployed on matic)

Deployed Balancer and Aave on Matic

InsureChain(Infosys <> Matic)(Insurance dapp where policy buyer can move policy from one vendor on one chain to another vendor on a different chain)

SupplyChain(Matic <> Flipcart)( Supply chain management dapp which allows manufacturers,wholesalers, and retailers to track the products)

Contributed to various tools built on matic chain such as Token-mapper, bridge-api, staking-api , web wallet

Also helped in solving tech queries of users for these tools

Era swap -

Real estate dapp – Implemented a decentralized rental application where the renter can list a home, Buyer can select the check-in and check out date book the home

Land registration dapp – Implemented a Land registration dapp where user land

IPFS file uploading system – Implemented file uploading on IPFS

Era swap block explorer –Implemented an Etherscan clone

I am also helping opyn build their ecosystem of products with products like Portfolio manager, etc

I have also won Multiple Hackathons and gitcoin bounties with Aave<>Uniswap, Aave <> Pooltogether, Aave <> 1 inch can check out GitHub for more projects

Thanks,
Aveesh

Hi Alex, Emanuele from Italy, really nice to meet you.

Description

I’m a full-stack developer with more than 15y+ of experience in the web world. At the moment I’m working full-time for an Italian startup.

At the moment my more grown-up skills are in

• React
  • Nextjs
  • TailwindCSS
  • NodeJS
  • skills (I use them daily but not as the main one): django/mongodb/most of rdbms

As a developer, I’m passionate about UI and UX and I enjoy it when my development matches the Figma design delivered by our designers. I love to learn but also to teach, in previous jobs I taught to other companies some technology/service that I used and I loved that part (it was in Italian, I’m not as fluent in English as in Italian :D)

I’m also a huge fan of open-source and creating content to allow other users to learn faster. That’s something that I usually do after I’m confident with the topic I’m using. What I usually do is create content that allows users to solve problems/issues that blocked me during my development work.

I approached web3 development since this year (I already gave a try to it some year before but it didn’t grasp on me) and I’m enjoying the journey. I’m the kind of person that always has something in mind to build it and I need to understand how things work to create something of my own.
I’m always used to learning from both guides, videos but also from practicing what I’ve learned with personal projects or reading directly source code from other projects.

Experience in the web3

• I’m attending the Secureum Bootcamp learning more and more about smart contract security
  • I’ve completed 2 challenges of the EthernautDAO challenges
  • I’ve created a PoC about a General Purpose Achievement system for smart contracts
  • I’ve created an unbundler contract for the Loot project
  • I have created blog posts about web3 topics I learn on my Medium
  • I am very active in a lot of discord/telegram groups, I try to help where I can

Conclusion and why you should choose me

I’m hungry to learn, hungry to dev and create amazing content and projects!
I am a fast learner and I want to create amazing things in this ecosystem. I can feel that I’m always at the beginning of my journey but I want to improve and grow fast to create meaningful projects and contribute to the community.

As I said I have a full-time job but I’m already investing my spare time + weekend to learn so I would love to be able to have the possibility to improve my current solidity/web skills. Roughly I have 2/3 hours per day + all the weekend to invest into web3 that I need to split-share with the Secureum Bootcamp I’m following

Here are some links to know more about me:

Questions

• The mentorship proposal would be only on the frontend part?
  • Will the candidate be able also to participate in the smart contract part?

Hey Alex,

I’m going to give it a shot.

Description About Myself

I am Sritanu Chakraborty. I’ve been primarily working as a remote Deep learning engineer/consultant/freelancer for the past few years.

My daily work consists of using deep learning and machine learning models to solve NLP and vision tasks. My interests are Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Graph Theory, Algorithms and Data Structures, Machine Learning.

Recently, I worked on distributed deep learning tools using Horovod, building Mixture Density Networks, implementing various probability distributions in PyTorch, and working with heavy zero, right-skewed data.

I have been at the University of Bergen and Alfred Renyi Institute of Mathematics previously. I did my master’s in applied math and informatics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.

Apart from consulting, I also work as a freelancer on Upwork. You can take a look at the kind of projects I’ve worked on and my client reviews. Probably, you need an Upwork profile to take a look at all the projects and reviews.

You can find my freelancer profile here : Upwork.

I have been at the University of Bergen and Alfred Renyi Institute of Mathematics previously. I did my master’s in applied math and informatics from the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.

Prior to this, I was a backend engineer (primarily Python but also some vanilla JS) and even before that, I was a QA Engineer. In total, I’ve been a backend engineer for ~3 years and working in the Deep Learning space for ~5 years.

Here’s my LinkedIn . And my resume .

Exposure to Solidity and EVMs

I’m pretty new to this space. Just 5 months old. Completed the cryptozombies tutorial, chainshot tutorial, and Stephen Grider’s Udemy course. Also, I’m dabbling in the basics of smart contract auditing in the Secureum workshop.

I’ve built some very basic dapps. Nothing majorly complex.

I do have a very basic idea about EVMs.

Conclusion

I’d love to be a part of the program and dive deeper into Aelin protocol.

Also, my best wishes to the other participants.

Regards,
Sritanu

Hi Alex, my name is Daniel and new to the crypto scene.
I’m PhD Candidate in Computers Science (about to defend my thesis in March 2022) with 8+ years of experience in the industry. During my industry experience, I lead small teams and developed products that were successfully shipped to the clients. As a researcher I have published my work in peer reviewed journals and conferences.

Motivation

From my perspective, the crypto space and the new financial artefacts that are being developed, are the most interesting pieces of technology today.
In particular, DeFI governance protocols are of interest to me in terms of the impact these rules have on community members.

Experience

During the last few years I’ve been doing a PhD in multi-agent systems modeling and simulation, working with the implementation of game theory models using a new formalism. For my research, I coded my models using python3, yet I’m not unfamiliar with JScript. My research is centered in complex systems such as socio economic systems.

Prior to my PhD Experience, I worked 8+ years in the industry. My last two positions were as tech lead in the security industry (4 people team). For instance, at Faraday Sec I was in charge of their main product Faraday, a distributed multi-user pentesting framework that aids with the consolidation and information sharing of the harvested security issues. One of the outputs of my work, was the implementation of a AngularJs 1.3 app for the reporting layer.

My experience regarding the requirements

• I have strong programming experience, including JS. Not a senior JS developer, yet have worked professionally using JS, JQuery and AngularJS.
  • Experience with libraries and frameworks: yet I have not worked with React, I am familiar with several web-app user interfaces (like Django, or Angular as I already mentioned)
  • Strong experience as backend engineer
  • Timezone, I live in UTC-3

Thanks for taking me in consideration,
Daniel